PHOENIX — For the next year, HGTV viewers are going to be salivating over the channel’s annual dream home giveaway, as they are every time it is introduced.
But this time, it has more significance for us desert dwellers. This year’s HGTV Smart Home is located in Scottsdale.
The three-bedroom, four-bathroom, 3,300-square-foot home will be given away later this year. Entries for the contest can be submitted next month, and you can sign up for reminders online.
After checking out the home, we’re definitely sending in our entries. The home has a two-story great room complete with a custom fireplace, a separate bar area with a wine fridge and a huge kitchen.
It also has two guest suites and a master bathroom that looks more like a spa than your typical bathroom.
The backyard looks a little small, but it comes with an artificial turf yard and a swimming pool, which is perfect for the Arizona summer.
The home was designed by HGTV personality Tiffany Brooks and will be featured in three special episodes in April, May and July. Those episodes will cover the home’s construction and design, as well as the lucky winner’s tour.
We’re sure you’re probably itching to see what you’d win after you enter. Flip through the gallery below to take a look at the HGTV Smart Home in Scottsdale.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates