PHOENIX — For the next year, HGTV viewers are going to be salivating over the channel’s annual dream home giveaway, as they are every time it is introduced.
But this time, it has more significance for us desert dwellers. This year’s HGTV Smart Home is located in Scottsdale.
The three-bedroom, four-bathroom, 3,300-square-foot home will be given away later this year. Entries for the contest can be submitted next month, and you can sign up for reminders online.
After checking out the home, we’re definitely sending in our entries. The home has a two-story great room complete with a custom fireplace, a separate bar area with a wine fridge and a huge kitchen.
It also has two guest suites and a master bathroom that looks more like a spa than your typical bathroom.
The backyard looks a little small, but it comes with an artificial turf yard and a swimming pool, which is perfect for the Arizona summer.
The home was designed by HGTV personality Tiffany Brooks and will be featured in three special episodes in April, May and July. Those episodes will cover the home’s construction and design, as well as the lucky winner’s tour.
We’re sure you’re probably itching to see what you’d win after you enter. Flip through the gallery below to take a look at the HGTV Smart Home in Scottsdale.
- Deaths of 2 at Phoenix-area retirement community could be heat-related
- Light it up: Where to find Fourth of July fireworks in Phoenix area
- Live blog: Phoenix hits 10 days with highs at least 110 degres
- Prosecutors use Joe Arpaio’s immigration talk against him
- Mesa mayor joins national calls for changes to Senate health care bill