The Arizona Department of Health Services is warning citizens to beware of a new phone scam.
According to a release from the department, the AZDHS received an usual number of phone calls on Monday morning from individuals complaining of a telephone scam. People from nearly 40 different states told the department that they received calls from people asking for personal information, and that the caller ID showed the agency’s phone number.
The scammers are asking people questions pertaining to health insurance.
The department emphasized that it doesn’t contact residents for personal information, and those who receive a call asking for such info should hang up immediately.
If you believe you’ve been a victim of a scam, you’re encouraged to call 602-542-5763.
- Trump’s NAFTA termination comment falls flat with Arizona business leaders
- Report: Trump met with Flake’s prospective primary opponents at Phoenix rally
- Opinions split after Trump protest in downtown Phoenix
- Arpaio felt Trump would defy advisers, grant pardon at Phoenix rally
- Phoenix police chief gives officers A+ for conduct during Trump rally protest