New phone scam poses as Department of Health Services
The Arizona Department of Health Services is warning citizens to beware of a new phone scam.
According to a release from the department, the AZDHS received an usual number of phone calls on Monday morning from individuals complaining of a telephone scam. People from nearly 40 different states told the department that they received calls from people asking for personal information, and that the caller ID showed the agency’s phone number.
The scammers are asking people questions pertaining to health insurance.
The department emphasized that it doesn’t contact residents for personal information, and those who receive a call asking for such info should hang up immediately.
If you believe you’ve been a victim of a scam, you’re encouraged to call 602-542-5763.
- Waymo to start charging Phoenix-area riders who use its driverless cars
- Phoenix school brings in extra police officers after online threats
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus