New phone scam poses as Department of Health Services
The Arizona Department of Health Services is warning citizens to beware of a new phone scam.
According to a release from the department, the AZDHS received an usual number of phone calls on Monday morning from individuals complaining of a telephone scam. People from nearly 40 different states told the department that they received calls from people asking for personal information, and that the caller ID showed the agency’s phone number.
The scammers are asking people questions pertaining to health insurance.
The department emphasized that it doesn’t contact residents for personal information, and those who receive a call asking for such info should hang up immediately.
If you believe you’ve been a victim of a scam, you’re encouraged to call 602-542-5763.
- Grocery chain Safeway closing two Phoenix-area stores
- US Marshals in Phoenix warn of nationwide phone scam
- Phoenix residents work for 4 years to earn enough for down payment
- Stolen 2-month-old puppy returned safely to Phoenix animal shelter
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash