3 Arizona cities make list of best places for US weddings
PHOENIX — If you live in the Valley and are trying to figure out where to get married, some of the best destinations for weddings are nearby.
A collection of data from personal finances website WalletHub reports three of the top 20 best places to get married are in Arizona. Scottsdale ranks the highest at No. 6, followed by Tucson at No. 15. Tempe claimed the 20th spot.
Phoenix made its way to 50th.
The findings rated 150 U.S. cities. Criteria included average cost of a wedding, number of attractions and how many event planners per capita.
Other Arizona cities to make it were Mesa, Chandler, Glendale, Gilbert and Peoria. All ranked outside the top half. Mesa came in at No. 72.
Breaking down the numbers, Scottsdale ranked eighth in activities and attractions and 53rd in costs.
Phoenix finished 109th in facilities and services and No. 146 in the number of chapels and churches per capita.
Peoria had the same ranking for the number of bridal shops while Scottsdale had the fourth-best ranking for weather.
Las Vegas, Orlando, Atlanta, Tampa and Cincinnati finished in the top five.
- Two Scottsdale resorts added to Triple-A’s diamond-listed hotels
- Art lovers, rejoice! Scottsdale’s Canal Convergence to kick off this weekend
- Hello Kitty Cafe Truck pulling into Phoenix area this weekend
- Scottsdale schools superintendent placed on temporary paid leave
- 300 Mesa High students walk out in support of stricter gun control