Food blog names Welcome Diner in Phoenix best in Arizona
PHOENIX — Let’s face it: You can never go wrong with a nice, hearty meal at a classic diner.
And thanks to Tasting Table, if you live in Arizona, you know just where to go: Welcome Diner.
The food blog named Welcome Diner the best diner in Arizona, praising its “reimagined Southern dishes,” including “fried chicken biscuits bursting with cheddar, bacon and gravy” and hyping up its “sleek, fully-renovated 1940’s throwback” style.
The diner only seats nine — yes, you read that right: nine — but Meredith Heil promises us that it is worth the wait — or the bumped elbows.
However, if you’re in southern Arizona and still want a welcoming taste of the Welcome Diner, the restaurant recently opened a location in Tucson, which is “thankfully, much bigger.”
- ASU, UA among top universities for Peace Corps volunteers
- Gun control bills stall in Arizona Legislature following Florida shooting
- At least 523 flu-related deaths in Arizona this season, officials say
- Arizona officials working to reduce accidents on road to Rocky Point
- Here are the Phoenix-area freeway restrictions for Feb. 23 weekend