Food blog names Welcome Diner in Phoenix best in Arizona
PHOENIX — Let’s face it: You can never go wrong with a nice, hearty meal at a classic diner.
And thanks to Tasting Table, if you live in Arizona, you know just where to go: Welcome Diner.
The food blog named Welcome Diner the best diner in Arizona, praising its “reimagined Southern dishes,” including “fried chicken biscuits bursting with cheddar, bacon and gravy” and hyping up its “sleek, fully-renovated 1940’s throwback” style.
The diner only seats nine — yes, you read that right: nine — but Meredith Heil promises us that it is worth the wait — or the bumped elbows.
However, if you’re in southern Arizona and still want a welcoming taste of the Welcome Diner, the restaurant recently opened a location in Tucson, which is “thankfully, much bigger.”
- Arizona lawmakers seek solution to sewage leak in two southern cities
- Mob hit man ‘Sammy The Bull’ freed early from Arizona drug conviction
- Harvey-related gas prices should drop soon in Arizona
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless