Food blog names Welcome Diner in Phoenix best in Arizona
PHOENIX — Let’s face it: You can never go wrong with a nice, hearty meal at a classic diner.
And thanks to Tasting Table, if you live in Arizona, you know just where to go: Welcome Diner.
The food blog named Welcome Diner the best diner in Arizona, praising its “reimagined Southern dishes,” including “fried chicken biscuits bursting with cheddar, bacon and gravy” and hyping up its “sleek, fully-renovated 1940’s throwback” style.
The diner only seats nine — yes, you read that right: nine — but Meredith Heil promises us that it is worth the wait — or the bumped elbows.
However, if you’re in southern Arizona and still want a welcoming taste of the Welcome Diner, the restaurant recently opened a location in Tucson, which is “thankfully, much bigger.”
- College student paralyzed by rare disorder in Spain is back in Arizona
- Under hot Arizona sun, any metal can become a burn risk for kids
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash
- Phoenix police searching for man suspected of stealing wire
- More registered Democrats than Republicans in Arizona’s 1st district