Phoenix’s Taco Guild earns top 5 spot on list of best Mexican-food restaurants in US
PHOENIX — A Valley restaurant, Taco Guild, has been named one of Travel Channel’s top Mexican restaurants in the country.
Phoenix’s Taco Guild came in second in the cable network’s “Best Mex” episode of the show “Food Paradise.” Seven other restaurants also made the cut.
“When doing research for the show, we look for restaurants that are a great mix of quality food and fun location. Taco Guild had that plus the local buzz was hard to ignore,”the show’s supervising producer Erinn Eichinger said in a statement.
The restaurant opened in 2012 on Seventh Street and Osborn Road.
According to its website, Taco Guild calls itself a “gastropub”, where they use local farm-fresh and organic ingredients to create food with “new-world styles”, but with “old-world flavors.”
Eichinger said that when looking for the best Mexican restaurants, they wanted to make sure the Southwest was represented on the list.
The restaurant, which was originally a church, hosted a viewing party of the episode on Sunday and offered specials and live music all day.
The Food Network also is a big fan of Taco Guild.
- Arizona bill would fine residents for misrepresenting service animals
- Gov. Doug Ducey among keynote speakers for Phoenix Startup Week
- Arizona Snowbowl closed on President’s Day due to high winds
- Man fatally shot by officer at Scottsdale Fashion Square
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona stories from President’s Day weekend