Phoenix man suffers medical issue during arrest, dies
PHOENIX — A Phoenix man who suffered a medical issue during his arrest Wednesday morning died shortly after in a hospital, authorities said.
The Phoenix Police Department said the 33-year-old man, who has not been identified, was arrested at the Maryvale Community Center near 51st Avenue and Indian School Road after allegedly assaulting an employee.
Police said the man fought with officers during the arrest and continued to act violently after being placed in handcuffs.
After he was arrested, the man showed signs of medical distress.
The cause of death is under investigation.
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Frontier Airlines to start offering flights between Phoenix, Orlando
- Suspect, officer injured in Phoenix shooting, police say