Start brewing: Jobot Coffee to open new location in downtown Phoenix
PHOENIX — A beloved coffee shop for downtown Phoenix residents is back: Jobot Coffee will be opening a new location at Third and Roosevelt streets on Friday.
The coffee shop will be located at the former home of Oliver’s Sophisticated Bean in the Roosevelt Point condominium. The grand opening is set during the city’s famed “First Fridays,” a local arts festival that takes place on the first Friday of the month.
Jobot closed its original location in downtown Phoenix’s arts district at Fifth and Roosevelt streets in December due to unknown conflicts with the landowner.
In a Facebook post from December, owner John Sagasta wrote that the “creative efforts of a community is what transformed this place into something very special and unique.”
“The pioneering spirit of 5th Street lives on,” the post read. “It’s the spirit of the arts district. You hear a lot of talk that big business has squashed the arts district. It hasn’t. We are still here. This is Phoenix. Rebirth is part of the plan.”
The coffee shop’s success with the locals and college students helped transform Fifth Street into the city’s arts district, with other shops transforming old homes into new and thriving businesses.
Welcome back to Phoenix, old friend.
- The Churchill in Phoenix announces tenants opening in summer
- NCAA officials coming to Phoenix to explore another Final Four host bid
- Mayor Stanton touts PHX Core, downtown’s new ‘innovation district’
- New owners plan to renovate Chase Tower, Arizona’s tallest building
- Here is the latest about when Arizona districts will reopen schools