Phoenix considers allowing food trucks at Sky Harbor Airport
PHOENIX — If you find yourself hungry at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, you’re in luck. The Aviation Department is looking to put food trucks on the property, according to KJZZ.
The Aviation Department has identified several locations to rotate food trucks. The locations include the 44th Street PHX Sky Train Station, East or West cell phone lots, Southwest or American airline hangars and the taxi hold lot.
These food trucks would aim to serve airport employees, mostly. Many of the airport’s 43,000-plus employees work outside the terminals in cargo areas, hangars and other outdoor areas. These places do not have direct access to restaurants or other food service.
Phoenix City Council would have to approve the move before it could be made permanent and then the Aviation Department would “amend existing contracts” to allow the companies to operate, according to the radio station.
- U2 returns to Arizona for 30th anniversary ‘Joshua Tree’ concert
- Arizona prosecutor outlines case as Morris twins’ assault trial begins
- Art of Ice Cream Experience coming to Scottsdale in November
- Chinese community in Phoenix is fighting back for its cultural center
- Silver Alert cancelled for missing Phoenix woman with dementia