Phoenix considers allowing food trucks at Sky Harbor Airport
PHOENIX — If you find yourself hungry at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, you’re in luck. The Aviation Department is looking to put food trucks on the property, according to KJZZ.
The Aviation Department has identified several locations to rotate food trucks. The locations include the 44th Street PHX Sky Train Station, East or West cell phone lots, Southwest or American airline hangars and the taxi hold lot.
These food trucks would aim to serve airport employees, mostly. Many of the airport’s 43,000-plus employees work outside the terminals in cargo areas, hangars and other outdoor areas. These places do not have direct access to restaurants or other food service.
Phoenix City Council would have to approve the move before it could be made permanent and then the Aviation Department would “amend existing contracts” to allow the companies to operate, according to the radio station.
- Phoenix ISM Raceway dropped from IndyCar’s 2019 schedule
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix
- Phoenix needs more bottled water to help battle summer heat