PHOENIX — The grand opening of Lou Malnati’s in Phoenix was a highly anticipated event, as it was the famous pizzeria out of Chicago’s first out-of-state location.
Get ready to be excited eight times over.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the owner of the pizzeria Marc Malnati said he plans to open eight new properties in the Phoenix area.
It was reported that the first restaurant, which opened in May at Uptown Plaza on Central Avenue and Camelback Road, was a big success, and Malnati wants to build on that.
As of now, the plan is for Lou Malnati’s to open three new locations within the next two years, two of those being exclusively carry-out and delivery spots, while the third a full restaurant.
Phoenix became the first out-of-state location for the Chicago area pizzeria since it opened in 1971.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona stories from President’s Day weekend
- Mark Kelly calls for gun control legislation after Florida shooting
- Meghan McCain shares photo of Sen. John McCain at Arizona home
- Storm expected to slam Arizona high country with strong wind
- Arizona landmarks make list of must-see attractions in North America