PHOENIX — The grand opening of Lou Malnati’s in Phoenix was a highly anticipated event, as it was the famous pizzeria out of Chicago’s first out-of-state location.
Get ready to be excited eight times over.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the owner of the pizzeria Marc Malnati said he plans to open eight new properties in the Phoenix area.
It was reported that the first restaurant, which opened in May at Uptown Plaza on Central Avenue and Camelback Road, was a big success, and Malnati wants to build on that.
As of now, the plan is for Lou Malnati’s to open three new locations within the next two years, two of those being exclusively carry-out and delivery spots, while the third a full restaurant.
Phoenix became the first out-of-state location for the Chicago area pizzeria since it opened in 1971.
- Arizona officials urging people to get flu shots as season approaches
- Phoenix is fastest-warming city in US, meteorologist says
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Two Fry’s employees in Arizona help customer avoid SRP scam
- Arizonans need to make $107K to be considered ‘rich,’ study finds