A recent WalletHub survey ranked the most fun cities in America, and Arizona’s own Scottsdale was in the top 10.
The analysis looked at three key areas for the cities: entertainment & recreation, nightlife & parties and costs.
Scottsdale ranked in the top five in most acres of parkland per capita and most fitness centers per capita.
Of the 150 cities examined, nine were in Arizona, and the city that did the worst in the rankings was Gilbert by a substantial margin. Despite ranking No. 32 in costs, its entertainment & recreation ranking of 145 kept its ranking very low. They were also near the bottom in park playgrounds per capita and dance clubs per capita.
Phoenix ranked No. 113 but had a notably high fourth place listing in costs among the 150 cities.
- Thousands to march on Arizona’s capitol in response to Florida shooting
- Phoenix police union calling for review board decision to be overturned
- Salud! Mark National Margarita Day at these Phoenix-area spots
- Scottsdale schools superintendent placed on temporary paid leave
- Police investigating possible triple homicide in northwest Phoenix