A recent WalletHub survey ranked the most fun cities in America, and Arizona’s own Scottsdale was in the top 10.
The analysis looked at three key areas for the cities: entertainment & recreation, nightlife & parties and costs.
Scottsdale ranked in the top five in most acres of parkland per capita and most fitness centers per capita.
Of the 150 cities examined, nine were in Arizona, and the city that did the worst in the rankings was Gilbert by a substantial margin. Despite ranking No. 32 in costs, its entertainment & recreation ranking of 145 kept its ranking very low. They were also near the bottom in park playgrounds per capita and dance clubs per capita.
Phoenix ranked No. 113 but had a notably high fourth place listing in costs among the 150 cities.
- Chase Field dispute between D-backs, county heading to arbitration
- Country music star Shania Twain bringing ‘Now’ tour to Phoenix
- ADOT begins wrong-way vehicle detection project on I-17, closures set
- Scottsdale schools keeping kids inside to protect eyes during solar eclipse
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later