A flight headed to Phoenix reportedly had to return to Houston due to the record-breaking heat according to ABC 13 in Houston.
The United flight operated by Mesa Airlines was reportedly minutes away from Sky Harbor Airport before being sent back.
ABC 13 had a statement from the company on the flight.
“United Express flight 6181 operated by Mesa Airlines, returned to Houston due to weather in Phoenix. Phoenix passengers will be accommodated on an extra flight that has been added for tomorrow morning.”
On Sunday, a new record high temperature was set in Phoenix at 118 degrees.
The National Weather Service has issued an excessive heat warning Sunday through Wednesday with highs projected around 118 on Sunday and Monday.
- Protests break out, tear gas deployed in Phoenix following Trump rally
- Trump alludes to a pardon of former Maricopa County Sheriff Arpaio
- White House says Trump will not pardon Arpaio at Phoenix rally
- Arizona congressman says President Donald Trump is ‘clearly a racist’
- Live blog: President Donald Trump visits Yuma, hosts rally in Phoenix