PHOENIX — Looking for a place to retire? Look no further than Sedona.
According to Conde Nast Traveler, the northern Arizona town located just south of Flagstaff off Interstate 17 is ranked as the fifth-best place to retire.
The website said Sedona is best for reliable warm weather and a lively arts scene, including an annual film festival. It has a monthly art tour with galleries featuring local artists and offers affordable housing combined with a reputation being in one of the most tax-friendly states in the country.
The city also offers plenty of doctors, treatment and wellness centers and yoga retreats to help maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The magazine ranked Asheville, North Carolina as the best place to retire, citing its healthy living along with benefiting from a youthful spirit with University of North Carolina-Asheville nearby.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Dave Ramsey says: Keep homeowner’s insurance in case of disaster
- Snowstorm shuts down parts of several highways in northern Arizona
- 3 Arizona cities named to top 20 list of most affordable retirement spots
- Arizona Supreme Court presiding disciplinary judge to retire
- Airbnb suspends dozens of Arizona listings for party fouls