Politics, entertainment and sports. Could you ask for a more dynamic news week? Here’s what you need to know:
Gov. Jan Brewer vetoed a bill, SB 1062, which would have allowed businesses to discriminate against practically anyone and avoid being sued after. That’s great. The damage has been done. Once again, Arizona’s reputation is stained.
Alec Baldwin said goodbye to public life. Baldwin said the country has become filled with hate and it judges you based on your worst day. He isn’t interested in playing “friends” with the media circus any longer.
The NFL may start assessing penalties to players who use the “n-word” on the field. The first offense would cost their team 15 yards and the second offense could result in an ejection.
Imagine this: The Cardinals are driving down the field at the end of a game when someone says the “n-word,” they lose 15 yards and possibly lose the game. Is that the outcome the NFL wants, a game to be decided by language?
- Arizona native to appear on ‘Superhuman’ TV show
- Dog interrupts live news broadcast, anchor is surprised
- Ducey gets average grades on education, economy in KTAR News/OHPI poll
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Arizona voters do not want US-Mexico border wall
- KTAR News/OHPI poll: Some Arizona voters say Trump’s first 100 days unsuccessful