Politics, entertainment and sports. Could you ask for a more dynamic news week? Here’s what you need to know:
Gov. Jan Brewer vetoed a bill, SB 1062, which would have allowed businesses to discriminate against practically anyone and avoid being sued after. That’s great. The damage has been done. Once again, Arizona’s reputation is stained.
Alec Baldwin said goodbye to public life. Baldwin said the country has become filled with hate and it judges you based on your worst day. He isn’t interested in playing “friends” with the media circus any longer.
The NFL may start assessing penalties to players who use the “n-word” on the field. The first offense would cost their team 15 yards and the second offense could result in an ejection.
Imagine this: The Cardinals are driving down the field at the end of a game when someone says the “n-word,” they lose 15 yards and possibly lose the game. Is that the outcome the NFL wants, a game to be decided by language?
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Ducey gets average grades on education, economy in KTAR News/OHPI poll
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Arizona voters do not want US-Mexico border wall
- KTAR News/OHPI poll: Some Arizona voters say Trump’s first 100 days unsuccessful
- KTAR News/OHPI poll: Arizona Republicans say media inaccurately covers Trump
- KTAR News 92.3 FM wins three Edward R. Murrow Awards