It was quite a week of news, and these are the most talked about stories of the week:
Phillip Seymour Hoffman is dead at age 46. It’s a sad, true-life story about addiction, one Hoffman struggled with for most of his life having been through a few stints in rehab. His first was at age 22.
George Zimmerman makes the list again because of his celebrity boxing match and his just announced partner, DMX. Who is going to watch this? Is it even on TV?
Lastly, it’s time for the Winter Olympics. However, the main storyline this week is how unprepared Sochi seems to be for their moment in the spotlight. I wasn’t worried about going over there because of the terrorism, but I am worried about the toilets.
Editor’s Note: Breaking News. Breaking good news. The fight between Zimmerman and DMX has been canceled. And no, not because one of them was arrested. Someone finally figured out the fight wasn’t the best idea.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments