The death penalty is always a controversial subject that polarizes the masses into “eye for an eye” arguments.
Joseph Rudolph Wood was executed on July 23. His execution took 117 minutes. I tend to go back and forth on the death penalty, however, the execution took too long in my opinion. I’m not sure the death penalty applies in every case, but I’m sure it shouldn’t last almost two hours.
In this video, I explain why I’m an advocate for bringing back the firing squad. I also explore who else still executes prisoners and where the U.S. ranks in totals around the world. Hint: We are not in good company.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona stories from President’s Day weekend
- Arizona prison inmate dies in Florence of apparent suicide
- Oracle State Park could receive $4 million to keep park open overnight
- Magazine names Bisbee as one of America’s best small towns
- Arizona jail employee arrested for allegedly dating teenage girl