A man returns from WWII wants to find purpose in his life post war. He starts a faith based organization and eventually becomes known as “The Master”.
Bruce St. James said, “This is a real love it/hate it movie. I was fascinated by performances, especially Joaquin Phoenix who played a roll seemingly made specifically for him. The controversy about it’s parallels to L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology aside, it does a great job of diving into the cult of personality some religions create and those who follow. It is funny and odd at times, tough to watch in others. Color me impressed.”
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- Box office top 20: Female-led ‘Ocean’s 8’ reboot dethrones ‘Solo’
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Phoenix-area pair make cut to next round on ‘American Ninja Warrior’