An average LEGO minifigure is mistaken for an above average MasterBuilder in this film that everyone will enjoy.
He is hilariously underprepared for the task he is given, which is to help fight an evil tyrant from trying to ruin the world, as they know it.
There is no doubt about it: I LOVED this movie, and it not just because I played with LEGOs as a kid. There are jokes in this movie that you know the kids aren’t getting and I laughed throughout the whole thing. I was being a tough grader on this film, but I reserve the right to change my vote (read: improve it) later in the year.
*Editor’s note: Bruce still plays with LEGOs*
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- Witty ‘Peter Rabbit’ feels a little too thin to satisfy the kids
- Oracle State Park could receive $4 million to keep park open overnight
- Magazine names Bisbee as one of America’s best small towns