Jim Bennett is an English professor by day and a high-stakes gambler by night. He bets it all when he literally bets his life to a gangster as collateral for a loan. He plays both sides of the game and doesn’t care who gets hurt in the process.
My main problem with this movie is that I have no sympathy for Mark Wahlberg’s character. He plays a bad guy, as I would imagine because he is a socially-degenerate gambler. I hated the Hollywood ending of this movie because of this. It’s got a lot of other trouble spots, but that was my biggest problem with this film.
- Quirky ‘Night Court’ actor Harry Anderson dies at age 65
- Stapleton, Lambert, Underwood and Vegas win at ACM Awards
- KTAR wins Crystal Award for commitment to the community
- ‘A Quiet Place’ isn’t just a horror movie, it’s a cinematic experience
- ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ is a brainless CGI actionfest that has a good time