Jim Bennett is an English professor by day and a high-stakes gambler by night. He bets it all when he literally bets his life to a gangster as collateral for a loan. He plays both sides of the game and doesn’t care who gets hurt in the process.
My main problem with this movie is that I have no sympathy for Mark Wahlberg’s character. He plays a bad guy, as I would imagine because he is a socially-degenerate gambler. I hated the Hollywood ending of this movie because of this. It’s got a lot of other trouble spots, but that was my biggest problem with this film.
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- Arizona landmarks make list of must-see attractions in North America
- Witty ‘Peter Rabbit’ feels a little too thin to satisfy the kids
- Oracle State Park could receive $4 million to keep park open overnight