The D.U.F.F. is an acronym for the “Designated Ugly Fat Friend” in a group of friends. Bianca is a senior in high school when she learns that the student body has assigned her the DUFF of her more popular friends. Upon learning this, she enlists the help of a jock to help her shed her label.
I should have known this movie was about high school when I walked in the theater and it was all teenaged girls in high school. Despite that fact, I actually liked this movie. I think it’s a newer take on the “Mean Girls” genre and includes some of the same themes, but also touches on topics like cyber-bullying. It’s not a new idea, but the movie does a good job keeping your attention.
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- Arizona landmarks make list of must-see attractions in North America
- Witty ‘Peter Rabbit’ feels a little too thin to satisfy the kids
- Oracle State Park could receive $4 million to keep park open overnight