After losing her mother and brother, Liesel is moved to a foster home in Germany. World War II is just beginning and her foster family takes in a Jewish man and hides him from the Nazis. The young girl is learning as much as she can from books, and steals them from the mayor’s library.
Based on the novel The Book Thief this movie is one of the first I have seen where you actually feel sorry for the Germans. Many of who did not join the Nazi party but are still bombed and struggle during the war. The movie was not as great as it could have been, but it is still a must see movie.
- This crowd is delightfully shocked by Blue Angels at Chicago Air and Water Show
- Teens plead guilty in Nazi vandalism of menorah at Chandler home
- Funny dad shows lots of ways to put a kid to bed
- Protesters topple Confederate statue in North Carolina
- Hundreds turn out for Phoenix rally after Charlottesville violence