In the latest of the “Star Trek” series, the crew of the Enterprise learn one of their own is out to destroy their world and everything it stands for. As Captain Kirk guides his crew through a war-zone world to combat the enemy, he challenges his friendship, and makes sacrifices to ensure the safety of his crew.
I think this film is pretty solid! I’d put this on par with Iron Man 3 as far as action, special effects and use of 3D. I would encourage you to re-familiarize yourself with the previous installment, 2009’s “Star Trek”, so you can fully appreciate the relationships, characters and get some of the inside jokes.
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- 7 weeks later, ‘Jumanji’ is no. 1 at box office
- Here are the titles that are coming to, leaving Netflix in February
- Kevin Hart to bring big comedy tour to Phoenix in July
- Del Toro’s ‘Shape of Water’ lands a leading 13 Oscar nominations