Lou Bloom, a man desperate for work, discovers a job as a freelance videographer. He learns about the underbelly of Los Angeles when he begins making money in crime journalism covering stabbings, car accidents and other incidents. As his fascination with the job grows, the line between covering the news and creating the news becomes blurred.
Jake Gyllenhaal plays the main character in this film who is clearly a psychopath (maybe a sociopath). The character is cold and chilling and I enjoy that in a movie. Yes, the movie becomes predictable in parts but overall I really enjoyed it, even though there were parts that creeped me out.
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- Box office top 20: Female-led ‘Ocean’s 8’ reboot dethrones ‘Solo’
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Phoenix-area pair make cut to next round on ‘American Ninja Warrior’