Lou Bloom, a man desperate for work, discovers a job as a freelance videographer. He learns about the underbelly of Los Angeles when he begins making money in crime journalism covering stabbings, car accidents and other incidents. As his fascination with the job grows, the line between covering the news and creating the news becomes blurred.
Jake Gyllenhaal plays the main character in this film who is clearly a psychopath (maybe a sociopath). The character is cold and chilling and I enjoy that in a movie. Yes, the movie becomes predictable in parts but overall I really enjoyed it, even though there were parts that creeped me out.
- KTAR News wins three Edward R. Murrow Awards, including back-to-back years for overall excellence
- Quirky ‘Night Court’ actor Harry Anderson dies at age 65
- Stapleton, Lambert, Underwood and Vegas win at ACM Awards
- KTAR wins Crystal Award for commitment to the community
- ‘A Quiet Place’ isn’t just a horror movie, it’s a cinematic experience