As a young woman, Maleficent had the perfect childhood, until an army threatened the peaceful kingdom. As she becomes the forest’s strongest protector, she is betrayed and her pure heart turns to a heart of stone. As a result, she wages war with the invading king’s successor and she places a curse on his daughter, Aurora.
As far as Disney movies go, this movie is considerably darker than what you are used to. I felt it lacked the “sparkle” that I leave other Disney movies with. There were a lot of fighting scenes with dragons and fire, so if you’re taking little kids, I would proceed with caution. It could be a little scary for them.
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- Snoop Dogg, Marilyn Manson to play Arizona State Fair concerts
- Jay-Z to bring tour for ‘4:44’ to Phoenix in the fall
- Talking ICE: The human impact of immigrant deportations
- Talking ICE: Immigration raids, sanctuaries, visas create questions