A follow up to the movie ‘Restrepo’, this movie takes place in the Korengal Valley, the epicenter of the war in Afghanistan. Instead of focusing on the war experience as ‘Restrepo’ had, ‘Korengal’ looks at how war works, what it feels like and how it affects the men involved.
The movie follows the same men as were filmed in ‘Restrepo’ and while I found this movie to be great and an important story to tell, I don’t feel as though it impacted me the same way. I think it gives a great look into the lives of these young men and how the war changes their psyche.
- Quirky ‘Night Court’ actor Harry Anderson dies at age 65
- Stapleton, Lambert, Underwood and Vegas win at ACM Awards
- ‘A Quiet Place’ isn’t just a horror movie, it’s a cinematic experience
- ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ is a brainless CGI actionfest that has a good time
- ‘Ready Player One’ is why we go to the movies