A follow up to the movie ‘Restrepo’, this movie takes place in the Korengal Valley, the epicenter of the war in Afghanistan. Instead of focusing on the war experience as ‘Restrepo’ had, ‘Korengal’ looks at how war works, what it feels like and how it affects the men involved.
The movie follows the same men as were filmed in ‘Restrepo’ and while I found this movie to be great and an important story to tell, I don’t feel as though it impacted me the same way. I think it gives a great look into the lives of these young men and how the war changes their psyche.
- 800-pound chunk of USS Arizona heading to Texas war memorial
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- Box office top 20: Female-led ‘Ocean’s 8’ reboot dethrones ‘Solo’
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show