A follow up to the movie ‘Restrepo’, this movie takes place in the Korengal Valley, the epicenter of the war in Afghanistan. Instead of focusing on the war experience as ‘Restrepo’ had, ‘Korengal’ looks at how war works, what it feels like and how it affects the men involved.
The movie follows the same men as were filmed in ‘Restrepo’ and while I found this movie to be great and an important story to tell, I don’t feel as though it impacted me the same way. I think it gives a great look into the lives of these young men and how the war changes their psyche.
- Trump’s Afghanistan strategy includes new ultimatum on India
- ASU professor says denuclearization of North Korea unlikely without war
- Sen. John McCain takes bull by horns, releases own Afghanistan plan
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- Snoop Dogg, Marilyn Manson to play Arizona State Fair concerts