Based on the book by Thomas Pynchon, “Inherent Vice” is set in Los Angeles in the 1970’s. A private eye gets involved with a kidnapping of a billionaire who happened to be dating his former girlfriend.
This movie has some really fun cameos from amazing actors and makes this movie really fun to watch. It is decidedly a period piece that makes you feel like you are back in the time. Joaquin Phoenix is mesmerizing on film, although I may be biased because he is one of my favorite actors. Regardless, the movie does run about two-and-a-half hours, and may be a little long, but overall it is a great film.
- Quirky ‘Night Court’ actor Harry Anderson dies at age 65
- Stapleton, Lambert, Underwood and Vegas win at ACM Awards
- KTAR wins Crystal Award for commitment to the community
- ‘A Quiet Place’ isn’t just a horror movie, it’s a cinematic experience
- ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ is a brainless CGI actionfest that has a good time