Based on the book by Thomas Pynchon, “Inherent Vice” is set in Los Angeles in the 1970’s. A private eye gets involved with a kidnapping of a billionaire who happened to be dating his former girlfriend.
This movie has some really fun cameos from amazing actors and makes this movie really fun to watch. It is decidedly a period piece that makes you feel like you are back in the time. Joaquin Phoenix is mesmerizing on film, although I may be biased because he is one of my favorite actors. Regardless, the movie does run about two-and-a-half hours, and may be a little long, but overall it is a great film.
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- Box office top 20: Female-led ‘Ocean’s 8’ reboot dethrones ‘Solo’
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Phoenix-area pair make cut to next round on ‘American Ninja Warrior’