Based on the book by Thomas Pynchon, “Inherent Vice” is set in Los Angeles in the 1970’s. A private eye gets involved with a kidnapping of a billionaire who happened to be dating his former girlfriend.
This movie has some really fun cameos from amazing actors and makes this movie really fun to watch. It is decidedly a period piece that makes you feel like you are back in the time. Joaquin Phoenix is mesmerizing on film, although I may be biased because he is one of my favorite actors. Regardless, the movie does run about two-and-a-half hours, and may be a little long, but overall it is a great film.
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- Arizona landmarks make list of must-see attractions in North America
- Witty ‘Peter Rabbit’ feels a little too thin to satisfy the kids
- Oracle State Park could receive $4 million to keep park open overnight