The murder/mystery “Gone Girl” shows Nick, played by Ben Affleck, rise to fame over the disappearance of his wife. Basking in his newfound spotlight, he finds out that he is no longer innocent, but a suspect.
This movie has an interesting cast that works amazingly well together. With genuine plot twists, it will keep you guessing the whole way through. What I appreciate about this movie is that unlike most murder/mystery/thrillers, it doesn’t mislead and trick you down a wrong path. Keeping you interested for its mystery alone, it is a great example of the genre and definitely one of the better ones you will see.
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- Witty ‘Peter Rabbit’ feels a little too thin to satisfy the kids
- 7 weeks later, ‘Jumanji’ is no. 1 at box office
- Here are the titles that are coming to, leaving Netflix in February
- ‘The Death Cure’ brings Maze Runner franchise to dramatic conclusion