John du Pont, a wealthy man, takes interest men’s wrestling during the 1980s and opens a wrestling club on his property. Du Pont recruits Olympic gold medalist Mark Schultz to live on his estate and help the USA Men’s Wrestling Team train for the 1988 Olympics in Seoul. Schultz sees this as an opportunity to get out from under his brother Dave’s shadow.
If you’re looking for an Academy Award-winning movie, this is it. Steve Carrell gives a performance like you have never seen before. Neither he nor Channing Tatum are funny in this movie and it is absolutely some of their best work. It’s a dark film, but I would not miss this movie.
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- Snoop Dogg, Marilyn Manson to play Arizona State Fair concerts
- Jay-Z to bring tour for ‘4:44’ to Phoenix in the fall
- Talking ICE: The human impact of immigrant deportations
- Talking ICE: Immigration raids, sanctuaries, visas create questions