Nicky Spurgeon a highly-accomplished con man who takes on an understudy named Jess. As Nicky is teaching Jess the ropes of the con world, the two become romantically involved which quickly turns messy. After a few years apart, Jess has become a femme fatale and creates problems for Nicky.
This movie spends a lot of time trying to trick the viewer into a “who’s conning who” storyline where none of the situations seem to be realistic. I think the actual story they were trying to tell got lost in the trickery and that’s where my problem with the movie lies.
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- Box office top 20: Female-led ‘Ocean’s 8’ reboot dethrones ‘Solo’
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Phoenix-area pair make cut to next round on ‘American Ninja Warrior’
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Tempe set for grand opening