Nicky Spurgeon a highly-accomplished con man who takes on an understudy named Jess. As Nicky is teaching Jess the ropes of the con world, the two become romantically involved which quickly turns messy. After a few years apart, Jess has become a femme fatale and creates problems for Nicky.
This movie spends a lot of time trying to trick the viewer into a “who’s conning who” storyline where none of the situations seem to be realistic. I think the actual story they were trying to tell got lost in the trickery and that’s where my problem with the movie lies.
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- Snoop Dogg, Marilyn Manson to play Arizona State Fair concerts
- Jay-Z to bring tour for ‘4:44’ to Phoenix in the fall
- Talking ICE: The human impact of immigrant deportations
- Talking ICE: Immigration raids, sanctuaries, visas create questions