Nicky Spurgeon a highly-accomplished con man who takes on an understudy named Jess. As Nicky is teaching Jess the ropes of the con world, the two become romantically involved which quickly turns messy. After a few years apart, Jess has become a femme fatale and creates problems for Nicky.
This movie spends a lot of time trying to trick the viewer into a “who’s conning who” storyline where none of the situations seem to be realistic. I think the actual story they were trying to tell got lost in the trickery and that’s where my problem with the movie lies.
- Second weekend for ‘Black Panther’ is one of the best ever
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- Arizona landmarks make list of must-see attractions in North America
- Witty ‘Peter Rabbit’ feels a little too thin to satisfy the kids