An alien race has declared war on Earth a few decades into the future. An officer is dropped into the fight and killed within minutes. He finds himself living in a time loop — where he must fight the same battle over and over. Each time he returns he gets a little closer to defeating the enemy with the help of a Special Forces warrior.
This movie reminds me of a video game where you keep losing lives and starting again at the same point. At first I was rolling my eyes during the beginning, and then the movie takes a turn for the better. It was the saving grace of the movie, and I think because of it, it is a must see action movie for the summer.
- Quirky ‘Night Court’ actor Harry Anderson dies at age 65
- Stapleton, Lambert, Underwood and Vegas win at ACM Awards
- ‘A Quiet Place’ isn’t just a horror movie, it’s a cinematic experience
- ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ is a brainless CGI actionfest that has a good time
- ‘Ready Player One’ is why we go to the movies