An alien race has declared war on Earth a few decades into the future. An officer is dropped into the fight and killed within minutes. He finds himself living in a time loop — where he must fight the same battle over and over. Each time he returns he gets a little closer to defeating the enemy with the help of a Special Forces warrior.
This movie reminds me of a video game where you keep losing lives and starting again at the same point. At first I was rolling my eyes during the beginning, and then the movie takes a turn for the better. It was the saving grace of the movie, and I think because of it, it is a must see action movie for the summer.
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- Witty ‘Peter Rabbit’ feels a little too thin to satisfy the kids
- Oracle State Park could receive $4 million to keep park open overnight
- Magazine names Bisbee as one of America’s best small towns
- Arizona registered voter numbers down since October, up since 2016