A grandfather suddenly finds himself in a custody battle for his granddaughter. The two families have good intentions of placing the girl in an environment that is best suited for her, but the sides are also split along racial biases.
While I enjoyed the movie, I didn’t love it. It felt like the plot danced around a very real topic, but wouldn’t commit to tackling the issue. If the movie had dove into the topic more, I think this movie would have been much better, but instead it left me wanting more.
- Second weekend for ‘Black Panther’ is one of the best ever
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- Arizona landmarks make list of must-see attractions in North America
- Witty ‘Peter Rabbit’ feels a little too thin to satisfy the kids