Young Dido Elizabeth Belle, daughter of a Royal Navy admiral, is raised by her great-uncle, an aristocrat. Dido is an illegitimate child of mixed-race and finds herself stuck between two worlds — a world of privilege and a world of racism and slavery. She falls in love with a young white man who has hopes she can help end slavery.
I always enjoy a movie that I can take something away from. It’s a fascinating film, based on a true story, which is filled with things that I didn’t know. I think some of the younger actors had a hard time playing their roles, but other than that I found this movie very engaging.
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- Witty ‘Peter Rabbit’ feels a little too thin to satisfy the kids
- Oracle State Park could receive $4 million to keep park open overnight
- Magazine names Bisbee as one of America’s best small towns
- Arizona registered voter numbers down since October, up since 2016