Young Dido Elizabeth Belle, daughter of a Royal Navy admiral, is raised by her great-uncle, an aristocrat. Dido is an illegitimate child of mixed-race and finds herself stuck between two worlds — a world of privilege and a world of racism and slavery. She falls in love with a young white man who has hopes she can help end slavery.
I always enjoy a movie that I can take something away from. It’s a fascinating film, based on a true story, which is filled with things that I didn’t know. I think some of the younger actors had a hard time playing their roles, but other than that I found this movie very engaging.
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- Box office top 20: Female-led ‘Ocean’s 8’ reboot dethrones ‘Solo’
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Phoenix-area pair make cut to next round on ‘American Ninja Warrior’