Based on the fictional character Alan Partridge, the movie takes place as Partridge’s career is on the downside. He, however, has an elevated sense of worth and does not see it that way.
He works at a small town radio station as the mid-morning host, and the station was just bought out by a new media conglomerate. As Partridge finds himself in the middle of a hostage situation with a disgruntled employee, he uses the situation to be the middleman and to resurrect his career.
This movie is hilarious. It’s sort of like Ron Burgundy meets “Borat” with a British accent. You will go through a range of emotions watching this and be amazed at how self-absorbed he can be and still root for him at the same time.
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- Witty ‘Peter Rabbit’ feels a little too thin to satisfy the kids
- Oracle State Park could receive $4 million to keep park open overnight
- Magazine names Bisbee as one of America’s best small towns