Back in 1981 in New York City, an immigrant man is trying to live the American dream with his family. He is trying to make it and do business the honest way, but everyone around him has their own agenda.
This movie reminded me of “American Hustle,” in that it really transports you back into time. I think this movie is well done in portraying New York in a time where the city wasn’t the friendliest place to be. While it missed being nominated for an Oscar, I am hopeful it will be nominated for an award this season.
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- Snoop Dogg, Marilyn Manson to play Arizona State Fair concerts
- Jay-Z to bring tour for ‘4:44’ to Phoenix in the fall
- Talking ICE: The human impact of immigrant deportations
- Talking ICE: Immigration raids, sanctuaries, visas create questions