Back in 1981 in New York City, an immigrant man is trying to live the American dream with his family. He is trying to make it and do business the honest way, but everyone around him has their own agenda.
This movie reminded me of “American Hustle,” in that it really transports you back into time. I think this movie is well done in portraying New York in a time where the city wasn’t the friendliest place to be. While it missed being nominated for an Oscar, I am hopeful it will be nominated for an award this season.
- Quirky ‘Night Court’ actor Harry Anderson dies at age 65
- Stapleton, Lambert, Underwood and Vegas win at ACM Awards
- KTAR wins Crystal Award for commitment to the community
- ‘A Quiet Place’ isn’t just a horror movie, it’s a cinematic experience
- ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ is a brainless CGI actionfest that has a good time