Back in 1981 in New York City, an immigrant man is trying to live the American dream with his family. He is trying to make it and do business the honest way, but everyone around him has their own agenda.
This movie reminded me of “American Hustle,” in that it really transports you back into time. I think this movie is well done in portraying New York in a time where the city wasn’t the friendliest place to be. While it missed being nominated for an Oscar, I am hopeful it will be nominated for an award this season.
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- Box office top 20: Female-led ‘Ocean’s 8’ reboot dethrones ‘Solo’
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Phoenix-area pair make cut to next round on ‘American Ninja Warrior’