42 pays homage to Jackie Robinson, the man who broke the color barrier in baseball. The movie follows his career from the Negro Leagues to the Major Leagues and captures this country’s history of animosity toward people of color. He saw his first big league start with the Brooklyn Dodgers on April 15, 1947.
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- Witty ‘Peter Rabbit’ feels a little too thin to satisfy the kids
- ‘The Death Cure’ brings Maze Runner franchise to dramatic conclusion
- ’12 Strong’ puts Hollywood sheen on early U.S. war effort in Afghanistan
- ‘Only the Brave’ stars discuss playing fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots