During the pre-Civil War United States, a free black man is kidnapped and sold into slavery. For 12, years he endures abuse and some hard-found kindness while he tries to let his family know what happened to him. In his last year, he encounters a Canadian man who changes the course of his life.
I’ll say it now: This movie is going to be a huge award winner if not movie of the year. The movie is based on a true story and it is hard to watch at times, but made me look at slavery differently.
It is the must-see movie of the year.
- This crowd is delightfully shocked by Blue Angels at Chicago Air and Water Show
- Funny dad shows lots of ways to put a kid to bed
- Protesters topple Confederate statue in North Carolina
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- Study: Men feel equal struggle balancing work and family