People are deeply saddened and divided on the case of the 9-year-old girl who picked up an Uzi and accidentally shot and killed her instructor standing next to her at an Arizona gun range. Questions have surfaced about whether children should be allowed to shoot guns, where and what kinds of firearms.
In this week’s “Legally Speaking,” I do not get into the differing viewpoints of pro-gun and anti-gun ownership, I instead discuss what happens next to the families involved, where they go from here and what legal actions are possible.
- Man shot by Mesa police charged with aggravated assault, other charges
- County officials declare missing boy’s cause of death as ‘undetermined’
- Suspect injured in officer-involved shooting in Mesa
- Phoenix shooting leaves two injured, one dead on Saturday
- A year after shooting, Sen. Jeff Flake says his gun views have shifted