People are deeply saddened and divided on the case of the 9-year-old girl who picked up an Uzi and accidentally shot and killed her instructor standing next to her at an Arizona gun range. Questions have surfaced about whether children should be allowed to shoot guns, where and what kinds of firearms.
In this week’s “Legally Speaking,” I do not get into the differing viewpoints of pro-gun and anti-gun ownership, I instead discuss what happens next to the families involved, where they go from here and what legal actions are possible.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
- Man accused of killing his father arrested in Chandler
- Phoenix police: 1 dead, 2 in critical condition after shooting
- Tempe police arrest suspect in shooting incident that injured 1
- Man found dead after shooting police car during traffic stop in Phoenix
- Shooting in downtown Phoenix leaves 1 dead, 7 injured