People are deeply saddened and divided on the case of the 9-year-old girl who picked up an Uzi and accidentally shot and killed her instructor standing next to her at an Arizona gun range. Questions have surfaced about whether children should be allowed to shoot guns, where and what kinds of firearms.
In this week’s “Legally Speaking,” I do not get into the differing viewpoints of pro-gun and anti-gun ownership, I instead discuss what happens next to the families involved, where they go from here and what legal actions are possible.
- Authorities investigate shooting on West Valley highway during rush hour
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from Dec. 6-8
- Police investigating officer-involved shooting in Mesa
- Saudi student kills 3 in Florida naval base shooting before being killed
- Arizona man shot in head by New Mexico sheriff suing county