It is that time of year: The bass are on their beds in full “protect the future at all costs” mode. Sight fishing is the play and it’s paying off.
We had the opportunity to hit the water at Saguaro Lake last week with the owner of The Arizona Fishing Guides, Scooter Griffith.
Usually you can see Scooter’s boat from space. OK, maybe not space but definitely from the other side of the lake. But his boat’s wrap has been removed for sale. That’s a big hint for my wife as my birthday is right around the corner!
Scooter had us on the fish right away and the game was on. Who would break first — us or the bass? Only one way to find out! Check out the video.
- Opinion: The curious case of Shaun White vs. #MeToo
- Opinion: Three takeaways from opening weekend of Winter Olympics
- Arizona man reels in fish with human-like teeth at a Tucson lake
- Moo-ve over! Cows disgruntled after bassist plays ‘Seinfeld’ theme song
- Opinion: Phoenix City Council vote on bump stocks just a headline grab