Now that the bite is kicking up out West, I thought I would share an amazing piece of video from our last road trip. Winey hooked into a nice yellowtail when his rental rod-reel combo jammed on him.
Think about that for a second: You spend all of this time, effort and cash for a boat charter and when you finally hook-up, your gear malfunctions.
This didn’t seem like that big of a deal to our mostly-shirtless crew from Dana Point Landing. Watch the video to see how they handled a hooked yellowtail and broken reel.
I was watching all of this while I was hooked-up as well. I can’t let Winey have all of the glory!
Big thanks to Taylor Rummell for getting all of this on film!
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- The money is there for Arizona teachers, it just goes to the wrong place
- I’m optimistic about the Republican health care plan despite some red flags
- Let’s take a deeper look at the gender pay gap before we protest
- Milo Yiannopoulos ordeal a 101 course in First Amendment rights, politics
- The four types of people you will see at the Waste Management Phoenix Open