US Marshals looking for suspect in fatal 2009 Phoenix shooting
This article originally appeared March 28, 2016.
The U.S. Marshal’s Office is on the hunt for a suspect with a rap sheet that includes murder, aggravated assault, domestic violence and other violent crimes.
“The Marshals are looking for Elton Jardines, but they’re working in conjunction with other law enforcement agencies,” Phoenix Police Sgt. Jamie Rothschild said.
The night of May 31, 2009, Jardines and his friends got into an argument with a group of women in a QT parking lot in Phoenix.
Jardines allegedly took out a handgun and began shooting into the air.
Then, he moved closer to the women and opened fire, killing two and hurting two others.
Supect Elton Jardines. (Silent Witness Photo)
The two women killed, Joanna Ray Lopez and Crystal Arrona, were the mothers of young children.
Now, investigators believe Jardines could be in the Valley, in Baja, California or in the Riverside area. He may have his young son with him.
“It’s also possible he may have altered his appearance by using facial piercings and possibly Botox,” Rothschild said.
There’s a $5,000 reward in this case.
Read more here.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Arizona's Morning News
- Phoenix police looking for suspects in 2012 death of young man at club
- Phoenix police looking for killer of young woman in 2011
- Arizona murder suspect escapes officers near Atlanta airport
- Phoenix police trying to get to bottom of man’s 2001 death
- Armed robbery suspect set sights on Phoenix Dollar Tree, Sally Beauty