PHOENIX — A shooting near Arizona State University’s main campus left one man wounded, according to the Tempe Police Department.
Police found a 19-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the leg early Friday morning. The wound was described as non-life threatening.
Details on the circumstances of the shooting or a suspect were not immediately available, according to The Associated Press.
The shooting occurred at the Vertex apartment complex near the intersection of Rural Road and Apache Boulevard. Traffic was disrupted during the early morning hours for the investigation.
Arizona State University officials said the shooting was an isolated incident and did not involve anyone affiliated with the university.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona State recognized for commitment to Latino excellence
- Man found in hiding after shooting multiple homes in Phoenix
- Highway reopens after 2 suspects injured in FBI shooting near Phoenix
- ASU Innovation Center releases design for SkySong 6 in Scottsdale
- Arizona program to address teacher shortage doubles in 2nd year