PHOENIX — A young Phoenix girl was in critical condition Thursday after nearly drowning at the bottom of a family pool, fire officials said.
Ashley Losch with the Glendale Fire Department said the girl was found in the backyard pool near 51st Avenue and Thunderbird Road.
“She was home alone with mom,” Losch said. “She was able to get the arcadia door open on her own and make her way to the pool.”
Losch said the girl’s mother worked to save her daughter’s life.
“Her mom found her and did CPR,” she said. “We also had some police officers on scene doing CRP prior to the fire department’s arrival.”
The pool was not fenced.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo contributed to this report.
- Grocery chain Safeway closing two Phoenix-area stores
- Two suffer life-threatening injuries after car crashes into pole in Glendale
- Study finds racial bias in Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office traffic stops
- Phoenix police searching for man suspected of stealing wire
- Phoenix-area cities among best in US for buying investment properties