PHOENIX — Two Arizona cities have a good reason to celebrate National Chili Day on Thursday.
In a survey conducted by foodmaker Hormel, both Phoenix and Tucson tied for the No. 5 spot on the chili-maker’s best chili cities list.
The top chili city in the country was not in Texas, which claims the spicy bean meal as its state dish. The top honor in Hormel’s survey went to Los Angeles.
That’s not to say the Lone Star State missed out on the list. Dallas came in second on the list, followed by Houston.
The only other city to beat Phoenix and Tucson on the list was Cincinnati.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Arpaio claims Justice Department meddled in 2016 campaign for sheriff
- Phoenix needs more bottled water to help battle summer heat
- $370,000 worth of meth seized in Arizona border drug busts
- Arizona attorney general appealing dismissal of university tuition lawsuit
- CVS Pharmacy expands efforts to combat opioid abuse in Arizona