SURPRISE, Ariz. — Surprise Police Department have apprehended two suspects in connection to a homicide that occurred on Feb. 9 at a residence in the area of 15500 West Agua Linda Lane.
Officers arrested 24-year-old Andrew Thomas Lauro, and investigators located a second suspect in 23-year-old Montez Lavell Wright III in Michigan.
Lauro has been booked into the Maricopa County Fourth Avenue Jail for two counts of first degree murder, two counts of armed robbery and one count of first degree burglary.
Wright is currently being held in Michigan and is awaiting extradition back to Arizona, where he is facing the same charges as Lauro.
At this time, the detectives will be working closely with the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office as they continue to proceed through this investigation.
- Silver Alert canceled for missing man from Surprise
- Doctors say officer stabbed in neck at Michigan airport recovering well
- Justices won’t hear appeal over release of federal mug shots
- Supreme Court rejects businesses’ challenge to Michigan tax
- GOP businesswoman Lena Epstein to run for Senate in Michigan