ANAHEIM, Calif. — Officers in Southern California have fatally shot a man suspected of shooting and wounding someone, and firing at a police helicopter that was following him.
Sgt. Daron Wyatt said officers in the helicopter were checking on reports of gunshots in an Anaheim neighborhood Saturday afternoon when they spotted a gunman standing over another man lying on the ground.
Wyatt said the gunman shot a round at the helicopter.
When officers on the ground confronted the man, they ordered him to drop his weapon. Wyatt said he refused, so officers shot him.
A firearm was recovered from the scene.
- 300 Mesa High students walk out in support of stricter gun control
- Police investigating possible triple homicide in northwest Phoenix
- Hearing called off for Phoenix-area man accused in 9 shooting deaths
- Peoria student arrested for allegedly bringing gun to school in car
- Arizona schools to join national gun violence protest after Florida shooting