ANAHEIM, Calif. — Officers in Southern California have fatally shot a man suspected of shooting and wounding someone, and firing at a police helicopter that was following him.
Sgt. Daron Wyatt said officers in the helicopter were checking on reports of gunshots in an Anaheim neighborhood Saturday afternoon when they spotted a gunman standing over another man lying on the ground.
Wyatt said the gunman shot a round at the helicopter.
When officers on the ground confronted the man, they ordered him to drop his weapon. Wyatt said he refused, so officers shot him.
A firearm was recovered from the scene.
- Suspect injured in officer-involved shooting in Mesa
- Phoenix shooting leaves two injured, one dead on Saturday
- A year after shooting, Sen. Jeff Flake says his gun views have shifted
- Retrial for ex-NAU student charged in fatal shooting set for March
- Arizona students call for gun control on Pulse anniversary