Police have been investigating a possible abduction since 1 p.m. Saturday after a witness reported a 10-year-old girl being carried into an SUV near University Drive and 22nd Place in Mesa.
Officials are unsure if it was an abduction but will continue investigating. The child was described by the single witness as a 10-year-old Hispanic or white female who was 4-foot and 75 pounds. She had long, dark hair and was wearing a white shirt, white leggings and “possibly a skirt.”
The adult was described as an adult male. He was driving a newer model Toyota SUV.
There were no additional witnesses and police said they have not received any report of a missing person. They have not received any additional info by interviewing neighbors.
Police will continue to treat the case as an abduction.
- Suspect injured in officer-involved shooting in Mesa
- Mesa drops charges against man seen beaten in arrest video
- Mesa police report says man beaten was ‘defiant and confrontational’
- Police detectives unharmed in fatal traffic accident in Mesa
- Phoenix man charged with murder after man found dead in Mesa