Every child needs a strong male figure in their life and one Arizona organization is working to make sure those men are prepared for the responsibility.
Phoenix-based organization Father Matters aims to give fathers in socially- and economically-deprived communities a strong mentor in their lives and teach them how to become a mentor of their own.
Vance Simms, a life coach, founded the group in 1997, after Simms noticed the “tremendous need” for fathering, according to the organization’s website.
Simms grew up without his father and wanted to be a presence in the lives of his own five children.
The organization does not just target men: Father Matters is dedicated to providing tools to women in order to improve the well-being in their homes and communities.
- Milwaukee Brewers release renovation plans for spring Phoenix home
- Phoenix police officers, woman injured in rush hour crash
- St. Mary’s high school in Phoenix cancels classes due to alleged threat
- Phoenix leaders deny petition to block city spending on more Trump events
- Thousands to march on Arizona’s capitol in response to Florida shooting