Tens of thousands of sharks have taken a break from their serious shark studies to congregate off the coast of Florida this week.
Joking aside, this video posted on the Facebook page FAU Shark Migration shows swarms of blacktip sharks in migration. The sharks, like your parents, prefer Florida’s warmer temperatures when the cold kicks in up north.
For the past few weeks, Stephen Kajiura, a professor of biological sciences at Florida Atlantic University, has been photographing the sharks around West Palm Beach from high above, posting the draw-dropping photos and videos online.
Kajiura and his student researchers are photographing and tagging sharks in hopes of better understanding their movements.
- Gun control bills stall in Arizona Legislature following Florida shooting
- Thousands to march on Arizona’s capitol in response to Florida shooting
- Arizona ramps up response to school threats after Florida shooting
- 300 Mesa High students walk out in support of stricter gun control
- ‘Fix it!’ Gun violence plea to Trump from students, parents