PHOENIX — Some popular highways will be closed or have lane restrictions this weekend in the Valley, as the major Loop 101 road-widening project continues. Drivers should take alternate routes or plan for small delays as they pass construction zones.
• Southbound Loop 101 will close between Shea Boulevard and Via De Ventura in Scottsdale from 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday. Detour note: Loop 101 traffic exiting at Shea Boulevard can detour along southbound Hayden Road or 90th Street and use Via De Ventura to re-enter Loop 101.
• Loop 101 will narrow to two lanes in both directions between Via De Ventura and McDonald Drive from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
• Eastbound Loop 101 will close between 51st Avenue and Interstate 17 in north Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Sunday. Both eastbound Loop 101 ramps to I-17 will be closed. Note: The eastbound Loop 101 on-ramps at 59th and 51st avenues will close starting at 9 p.m. Friday.
• Westbound Interstate 10 will narrow to one lane overnight between Queen Creek Road and Wild Horse Pass Boulevard from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday; from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday; and from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday.
• Eastbound Interstate 10 will close between Citrus Road and Sarival Avenue from 10 p.m. Saturday until 6 a.m. Sunday for lane striping and ramp work at the Loop 303 interchange. Citrus Road and Sarival Avenue will also close overnight between McDowell Road and Van Buren Street. Detour note: Consider using Jackrabbit Trail or Estrella Parkway for north-south travel and to access I-10.
• Westbound Loop 202 ramp to northbound Loop 101 in Chandler will close from 3 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday for barrier wall repairs. Detour note: Consider exiting at Price Road and traveling north to the northbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Chandler Boulevard.