Developer Upward Projects opened the restaurant on Feb. 10 at Kierland Commons, located near Scottsdale Road and Greenway Parkway.
Postino’s is housed within an aged, two-story complex that has since been transformed to radiate the unique atmosphere reflected in the four other Arizona locations.
Upward Projects co-founder Craig DeMarco said converting the location to a wine cafe was not easy, due to the age of the building and the “complicated process” that comes with renovating.
“With our Kierland location, we started with this sprawling, beautiful indoor-outdoor space that that needed some grit,” he said in an interview with AZFoodieBlog. “So we gave it a ton of energy, and now it’s vibrating at a totally different frequency. It’s one of our favorites.”
The menu at the new location will feature well-known (and well-beloved) items, such as bruschetta boards, Raspberry Chicken salad and — of course — the $5 glass of wine deal.
For those unable to make it out to the Postino’s location in Kierland Commons, no worries: The franchise will be opening another location near Scottsdale Road and Highland Avenue this spring.
- Taco lovers, unite! Arizona Taco Festival to return to Scottsdale
- Art of Ice Cream Experience coming to Scottsdale in November
- Tutoring program for people with Down syndrome opens in Scottsdale
- Dunkin’ Donuts/Baskin-Robbins combo store to open in Scottsdale
- He Said: Prado at Montelucia is perfect for Spanish tapas night