An Amber Alert that was previously issued for two children abducted in Surprise has been cancelled. The two children and their mother have been recovered safely.
The suspect is in custody according to Surprise PD.
The mother of the children Alexis Escalante was assaulted by the father of the children Heriberto Mendoza. Mendoza dragged Escalante to his truck, went back in the house and took the children as well.
According to Surprise police, Mendoza “may have recently purchased a gun and has made threats to kill the mother and both children.”
- Arizona’s prisons boss found in contempt over inmate care
- Abrazo microhospital construction underway in Mesa
- 800-pound chunk of USS Arizona heading to Texas war memorial
- Monsoon season is here: What to do when the weather turns dangerous
- MCSO investigating human remains found at Phoenix-area business