An Amber Alert that was previously issued for two children abducted in Surprise has been cancelled. The two children and their mother have been recovered safely.
The suspect is in custody according to Surprise PD.
The mother of the children Alexis Escalante was assaulted by the father of the children Heriberto Mendoza. Mendoza dragged Escalante to his truck, went back in the house and took the children as well.
According to Surprise police, Mendoza “may have recently purchased a gun and has made threats to kill the mother and both children.”
- Arizona is worst state in nation for teacher pay, friendliness, studies find
- High temperatures in Phoenix could reach 90-plus degrees this week
- What Trump gets right, wrong about progress on US-Mexico border wall
- Three Arizona comic book stores among top 20 in nation
- Tempe Municipal Court judge arrested for allegedly stabbing wife 10 times