An Amber Alert that was previously issued for two children abducted in Surprise has been cancelled. The two children and their mother have been recovered safely.
The suspect is in custody according to Surprise PD.
The mother of the children Alexis Escalante was assaulted by the father of the children Heriberto Mendoza. Mendoza dragged Escalante to his truck, went back in the house and took the children as well.
According to Surprise police, Mendoza “may have recently purchased a gun and has made threats to kill the mother and both children.”
- Arizona leads nation in proportion of female farmers
- Crowded field for Franks’ special election raises more than $1.1 million
- Arizona nonprofit awarded $30M for projects in low-income areas
- Phoenix residents need to work 66 hours to pay monthly rent, study finds
- Arizona lawmakers block bump stocks debate after Florida shooting